Washing hair is one of the most important parts of hair care. If you wash your hair the wrong way, you can start to lose your hair. The real reason your hair looks and feels so good after a trip to the stylist salon or barber is that the pros understand that the key point of hair washing is a well-executed shampoo. However, there are other things you should pay attention to. Let’s learn step by step how to wash hair together.
- Most people think that washing hair daily is beneficial for hair. Actually, it’s not beneficial for your hair because your hair will produce more oil when you wash your hair too frequently. Therefore, you should keep the interval between washing your hair longer. It will be enough to wash your hair three times a week.
- The temperature of the water in which you wash your hair is also very important. Although a steamy shower may be relaxing, exposing your hair strands to high temperatures leaves them looking lifeless and dry. It also leads to faster color fade for those with dye in their hair.
- Although there is no exact temperature that has proven to be ideal, according to professionals, it is preferable to keep the water warm rather than hot. Although there is no precise temperature that has proven to be ideal, according to professionals, it is preferable to keep the water warm rather than warm. And just before getting out of the shower, rinse it off with cold water. Warm water opens up the pores on the scalp, while cold water closes these pores, which traps moisture and benefits your hair in the long run.
- When you wash your hair, you should use gentle pressure to massage the scalp and the roots of your hair. Don’t use your nails or don’t massage the scalp too severely.
- Another important point is choosing a shampoo that suits your hair type. If you’ve got oily hair, you should consider a purifying shampoo and steer clear of those that are moisturizing or overly-hydrating. If your hair is not oily and you have dry hair, you will choose the opposite of these products.
- The last step you should pay attention to is the drying part of your hair. The way you treat your hair post-wash is vital to its overall health and appearance. You should dry your hair gently with a towel. If you plan to dry with a hairdryer, you should wait for your hair to dry completely.
The bottom line is washing your hair in the right way is essential for healthy and shiny hair. Also, when you wash your hair in the wrong way, your hair will start to shedding. So, you should do it in the right way to prevent hair loss or balding and to have more healthy hair.